What Exactly is Story Building with Brooke’s Butterfly Touch?
There are no two butterflies exactly alike. Therefore, they should all be handled with the utmost care and respect. Each one has its own delicate strength and unique purpose. The same principle applies to people and the stories they have to tell. Sharing one’s story with others is an important tool for:
- Developing better communication methods for one’s experiences and abilities to create new opportunities, personally and professionally
- Inspiring hope and emotional healing from hardships, while promoting one’s sense of purpose
- Eliminating societal prejudices and misconceptions of those that are differently-abled and/or face profound life challenges
- Leaving a tangible history/legacy for loved ones and future generations
And so, simply put, the mission of Brooke’s Butterfly Touch is to help people find the most comfortable form and perfect voice for their stories, so they can be shared with encouraging intentions. A story can be written, shown, just spoken, performed or it may have a little bit of everything. It’s up to the storyteller. When deciding on on a story to tell, it’s important to remember the most powerful stories can be created from a single reflection, moment in time or a series of specific experiences. Brooke is just here to help the ideas grow and take flight, like the graceful new wings of a butterfly…
So, How Does the Story Creation Process Work for Individual clients?
- Contact Brooke with the story idea you want to build (anything can be turned into a great story, even if it just starts with spicing up your bio on your company website) and we’ll set up an initial interview. In person is aways preferable, but other options can be arranged.
2. During your first interview, you’ll both make the final decision on the best form for your story and begin to piece it together. Story forms usually are as follows (NOTE – this is not an exhaustive list):
- Digital/Visual – a combination of video and photos with voice-over narration and sometimes music (typically created in iMovie)
- Photo books or visual portfolios via printers such as Snapfish or Shutterfly
- Presentation slides i.e. Powerpoint
- Script or monologue
- Written (essays, short stories, personal profiles, full manuscripts etc.)
- Updated profiles on professional networking sites i.e. LinkedIn
3. Additional interviews will be set up as needed for recording, filming or photo sessions (photographers will be available for portraits, if desired).
4. Once your project is complete, it will be delivered to you on a disc or USB flash drive (or whatever is appropriate for your use).
5. With your permission, she will post your picture, a description of your story (if not the project itself) with my reflections on the Brooke’s Butterfly Touch blog.
How Much for a Story?
The base price is a flat fee of $60/interview plus a possible fee for photo sessions (depending on the photographer), but rates can vary by project and/or client agreement. Everyone deserves a chance to tell their story, so Brooke will do her best to accommodate your budget and your needs.